University Courses Designed and Taught
- ENGL1020 – Core Composition I (First-Year Writing)
- ENGL2030 – Core Composition II (First-Year Writing)
- ENGL3084 – Multimedia Composition (Junior and senior English majors + upper-division students from other disciplines)
- ENGL3154 – Technical Writing (English majors + upper division students from other disciplines)
- ENGL3170 – Business Writing (Business School students + English Writing Majors)
- ENGL3405 – Special Topics in Writing: Writing Personal Essay (Open to all majors) – New in fall 2020
- ENGL4190 – Senior Seminar in Writing (English majors)
When I’m not teaching university writing courses, I work with communities of writers around the country. Below is a list of workshops I have designed and delivered.*
Community Writing Workshops Designed and Taught
- “Playing with Words.” All-levels nonfiction and poetry workshop. Engadine, MI. July 17, 2019.
- “Iterative Intertextualty in Creative Nonfiction Storytelling.” Denver Writing Project Summer Institute. Denver, CO. June 12th, 2019.
- “Imagination and Speculation in Creative Nonfiction.” Engadine, Michigan. July 11 & 18, 2018.
- “Overcoming the Limitations of Memory in Creative Nonfiction.” Denver Writing Project Summer Institute. June 12, 2018.
- “Overcoming the Limitations of Memory.” Bloomingdale Writers Connection, Valrico, Florida. March 7, 2018.
- “Place as Character: Writing/Living History.” Engadine, Michigan. July 2017.
- “Writing Short: Teaching Short Nonfiction to Youth.” Denver, Colorado. June 2017.
- “Writing Short: Apologies in < 500 Words. “Denver, Colorado. June 2017.
- “Writing the Northern Life.” Engadine, Michigan. July 2016.
*If you are interested in having me present a writing workshop for your community group, please reach out using the contact form on this website.
To learn more about one-on-one writing consultations, please reach out via the contact page.